cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12/LIS2DTW12 OCR Timing Accuracy

AMoul
Associate II

Regarding the LIS2DW12 and LIS2DTW12 devices, there is no published specification on the accuracy of the ADC sampling frequency in the datasheet, nor it's drift against temp and supply voltsage. Without these data the selected ODR is a guess, e.g. 400 Hz +/- ?.

Does anyone have any info on this or done any measurements?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AMoul​ , there is a characterization on this parameter, not a datasheet value however. I can share you the ODR jitter in the 100Hz case. In the 400Hz case the % is even lower. Regards

0690X00000ARPZHQA5.png

AMoul
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for the information on ODR(100Hz) jitter.

Do you have similar information on ODR frequency accuracy? I assume the chip runs off an internal RC oscillator so its accuracy isn't going to be better than 2%-5% over full temperature range. So for a nominal 400Hz ODR it's likely to be within 380Hz-420Hz. If you could offer a specification on this that would be great.

Anthony.

​Hi Anthony, here below the ODR frequency accuracy at 12Hz and 100Hz. All these data refers to ambient temperature (25°C). I unfortunately don't have ODR or jitter drift data vs temperature (neither at 100Hz nor 400Hz), but your estimation seems correct. Considering a +-2Hz margin at T_amb, the overall temperature range [-40°C,+85°C] frequency drift should approximately lower than +-20Hz. Regards

0690X00000ARUyCQAX.png0690X00000ARUyMQAX.png