cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG-20 to STDC14 adapter from ST for SensorTile.box

Thilo1
Associate II

Hi all,

we recently got the SensorTile.box  which is a great toy. However we want to write our own applications and use the STDC14 debug connector. I just rread that only ST-LINK/V2 will be supported due to 1.8V debug interface.

Where can I get an adapter form Jtag-20 to STDC14 or 10-pin Cortex-M to STDC14.

ST offers this adapter as part of the SensorTile.box --> see page 3 here

Unfortunately this adapter and the cable was not part of the 2 SensorTile.boxes we received.

Does anyone know where to get the ST adapter or any adapter from 3rd Party supplier to convert to the STDC14 pinning?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Thilo​ , unfortunately the adapter is not yet available in the toolkit, It will be available soon (est. init Oct). If possible for you, I suggest to directly wire the ST LINK V2 pins to the STDC14 connector following the respective schematics as shown below. Regards

0690X00000ARV7iQAH.png

0690X00000ARV82QAH.png

Thilo1
Associate II

Thanks @Eleon BORLINI​  for your reply.

That's fine for me.

As a workaround I used the 10-pin Cortex-M to 14-pin STDC cable from the STLINK-V3 and a separate JTAG 20-pin Adapter to connect to my STLINK/V2

VRao.1
Associate III

Dear @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

I was wondering if there is a way to purchase the STDC 14 pin adapter mentioned above.

I have recently purchased the Sensortile.box and the STLINK/V2 but non of the provided connectors are meant for the Sensortile.box

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hi @Thilo​ 

Would it possible for you to provide the links for the connectors and adapters that you used/found.

Thanks in advance

The V3 KIT comes a collection of different cables (the mini does not). Basically a 10 conductor ribbon cable, a 10-pin header crimped on one end, a 14-pin header centre crimped on the other, with an empty pair at either end.

Adapters, like this Olimex one could be used with the ST-LINK/V2

https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/JTAG/ARM-JTAG-20-10/

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks you @Community member​ for your quick response.

Since I already had the STLINK V2 I wanted to avoid spending another $35 on the V3. However I see that this may be the best approach for now.

Thank you once again for your response.

Hope you have a nice day.

-VRao.1

Hi @VRao.1​ ,

I also bought the STLINK-V3 Kit, took the 14 to 10 Pin cable and used an OLIMEX 10-to-20 pin JTAG adapter to connect it to my STLINK-V2.

It works, but one single adapter for STLINK-V2 would be the best solution.

Does anyone here know, if this adapter is now available from ST directly?