cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How The Hell is one supposed to work with this rubbish software ???? CUBE MX

JHERI
Senior

I have wasted so much time over the last day or so trying to generate code for a new project in CUBE MX

I can't go back to version 4 that use to work ok, because it's been generated in crappy version 5 !

ST you really need to sort your Act Out!!! THIS IS BEYOND POOR, who the hell is writing this crap development software for ST ???

this software is so crap it's unreal, how are professional embedded designer supposed to work with this total garbage

it just locks up when trying to generate the project code WTF ?

any help will be appreciated , but don't seem to get any of that either ?

thanks

I have included the cube ioc project file that crashes ???

Can't seem to find any error log files anywhere giving me a clue to what's going wrong with this software

how can it be that, I have an important project to do, yet due to this poor software I wasting more time trying to work out the bugs and what''s wrong with this software ??

there are No error messages, No logs ?? just a frozen program , really poor software!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Ozone
Lead

Uh, you have hit a sore point here ...

JHERI
Senior

?

Well, just look for other threads complaining about the mediocre quality of CubeMX.

And the impression that it seems to get worse with every new version.

For years now.

JHERI
Senior

thanks for your reply

how does ST expect embedded engineers to work like this ??

they have a fantastic range of hardware, but limiting engineers development with software that is buggy and dreadful,

Screens and software that just lock up is not acceptable! ..... it's as if the software has been written and designed by school children!

How does this rubbish software even get released to us engineers, every part should be tested for stability, before its released

So do we just ditch any further development with ST as I am not at a point of stale mate,

I can't move on,

WHERE IS THE SUPPORT FROM BRAINS AT ST, REGARDING THIS POOR QUALITY SOFTWARE

OR DON'T THEY KNOW THE ANSWERS ?

ST should invest in some new software development engineers who know what they are doing !

IMHO just one of your assumptions are wrong:

> how does ST expect embedded engineers to work like this ??

Assuming engineers as target audience.

It is quite obviously tailored to the benighted beginner, to lower the entry threshold.

Which it seems to do. Introducing hobbyists and students to the name and the product line - they might become engineers or deciders later on ...

But it is definitely not commercial-grade, or fit for a real-world application.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> I can't go back to version 4 that use to work ok, because it's been generated in crappy version 5 !

Well, here's a little life-hack that may help with your F446.

Back up the ioc file and everything you have generated & edited.

Create a new directory and copy the .ioc file there.

Open it in a text editor and change the line "MxCube.Version=5.3.0" to

"MxCube.Version=4.6.0" or whatever is your Cube 4.x version.

Then open it in Cube 4.x.

As the gospel goes.... who writeth code without bugs, throws the first stone 😉

-- pa

Why the f*** are you YELLING and using that demanding tone (especially in the other thread)?? And flooding the forums with multiple similar threads?? ST provides these tools free of charge, be grateful they do even that, they are not obliged to personally provide you or any other hobbyist with any tool or any kind of free support.

> I have an important project to do, yet due to this poor software I wasting more time trying to work out the bugs and what''s wrong with this software ??

If you were professionally working on any kind of important project you wouldn't be using GUI code generator toys or relying on HAL code quality. Take the available documentation, the reference manual, your favorite compiler+editor (or an IDE) and develop whatever you want instead of playing bricks in Cube.

> ST provides these tools free of charge, be grateful they do even that, they are not obliged to personally provide you or any other hobbyist with any tool or any kind of free support.

You need to tell that the impatient project managers breathing at the poor engineers neck, who achieves nothing for hours and days.

ST's advertisement in this regard is misleading - as it seems to be industry standard ...

JHERI
Senior

thank you Pavel A, for your reply and advice

After Forever.... calm your self down and don't make your own assumptions before knowing the facts

I am not using Cube MX for writing my code / init code, I just use it to create my project structure to use in Rowley Cross Studio

I do use the HAL library myself and write all my initialisation code myself

NOT relying on the code from Cube MX, It's just simply generates my project structure with the latest HAL/CMSIS and generates a project frame work, if it ever works

So you are totally wrong with your assumptions

AFTER FOREVER .... Oh as for there FREE TOOLS.... The Time They Unknowing Cause You To Waste.. they are far from free tools!