cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change hardware target on STM32CubeIde

inky
Associate II

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did a search and couldn't find it.....

Using STM32CubeIde, I set the project to be the USB dongle P-Nucleo-WB55. Now, trying to flash this and I am told it doesn't have debug capabilities. Shame, but OK, there is the other board (Nucleo-68) with a very similar chip.

I can not find how to change the target from the USB dongle to the other board. Please help.

Thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Unfortunately, there's no way to switch at the moment. It's listed under known issues in the release note as:

"• STM32CubeIDE does not support switching from one MCU to another once the project is created."

You will need to create a new project and copy/paste the relevant code.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Unfortunately, there's no way to switch at the moment. It's listed under known issues in the release note as:

"• STM32CubeIDE does not support switching from one MCU to another once the project is created."

You will need to create a new project and copy/paste the relevant code.

inky
Associate II

Thanks for the response. I had missed that :(

Shame, as there was a lot of work linking in files from a larger project I am porting across......

Kolab
Senior

hello @Markus GIRDLAND​ @inky​  ! is it possible to upload a code that I wrote on my own to USB Dongle? As far as I saw only example can be uploaded because they have binaries. And my code has not binaries.

Could you explain a bit further about what you're trying to do? You can have the code itself on the USB dongle but are you trying to execute the code to a dongle?