cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You plan to prepare the explanation or solution (video or something) to overcome 469/769 GUI applications obstacles ? Currently relevant ST tools are not sufficiently helpful :(

jada
Associate

There is a "CubeIDE 1.0 and TouchGFX 4.10.0: Resolving integration issues (1080p) " video presented by Mr Matrin Kjeldsen on the Youtube. It is a very valuable material. It solves the problems, but only with the STM32F746G Discovery board. Analogues problems appear with the STM32F469 and STM32F769 Discovery boards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @adam jóśko​,

Glad you found the video helpful. To answer your immediate question: I'm spread a bit thin these days, so i'm not sure the priorities in terms of publishing help for other boards out there.

Generally, it's a bit of a complex thing to make a particular board work from within CubeMX. It will generate code for default initialization of IPs for several STM32 based boards, but it will not necessarily give you the configuration that is the most optimal for TouchGFX nor will it tell you how to (or even do so itself) configure other required peripherals on the board (Like QSPI memory mapped mode for the STM32F746G-DISCO).

You can always use the Application Templates available through the TouchGFX designer. They work and can get your application running on boards in no time. They'll use some version of the Cube FW, but most of them will not have an .ioc file. The STM32F769I-DISCO does have a CubeMX project, but i haven't tried it with CubeIDE. The STM32F469I-DISCO does not.

I am spending most of my time right now, along with a few others, working on a more general solution that may alleviate some of these CubeMX frustrations because CubeMX as an entry point is really important to ST. I know that's a small comfort because you have things to do and places to be. In that process starting early next week i'll be taking a look at CubeMX and DSI based boards and in that process i may learn some things that would be useful to everyone here. I'll make sure to post it; Probably not in a video but then atleast in a post.

In the meantime, i suggest you take a look at the application templates we have for F469 and 769 and compare the LTDC/DSI host configuration code produced by both the application templates and CubeMX Board Selector. I'm willing to assist you on the side if you'll do the work - I'll keep a close eye on the forum =)

/Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @adam jóśko​,

Glad you found the video helpful. To answer your immediate question: I'm spread a bit thin these days, so i'm not sure the priorities in terms of publishing help for other boards out there.

Generally, it's a bit of a complex thing to make a particular board work from within CubeMX. It will generate code for default initialization of IPs for several STM32 based boards, but it will not necessarily give you the configuration that is the most optimal for TouchGFX nor will it tell you how to (or even do so itself) configure other required peripherals on the board (Like QSPI memory mapped mode for the STM32F746G-DISCO).

You can always use the Application Templates available through the TouchGFX designer. They work and can get your application running on boards in no time. They'll use some version of the Cube FW, but most of them will not have an .ioc file. The STM32F769I-DISCO does have a CubeMX project, but i haven't tried it with CubeIDE. The STM32F469I-DISCO does not.

I am spending most of my time right now, along with a few others, working on a more general solution that may alleviate some of these CubeMX frustrations because CubeMX as an entry point is really important to ST. I know that's a small comfort because you have things to do and places to be. In that process starting early next week i'll be taking a look at CubeMX and DSI based boards and in that process i may learn some things that would be useful to everyone here. I'll make sure to post it; Probably not in a video but then atleast in a post.

In the meantime, i suggest you take a look at the application templates we have for F469 and 769 and compare the LTDC/DSI host configuration code produced by both the application templates and CubeMX Board Selector. I'm willing to assist you on the side if you'll do the work - I'll keep a close eye on the forum =)

/Martin

Thanks for the heads up. I've actually been deeply buried a topic closely related to this for the past few days so i'm happy to make an appearance and share a status 🙂

@Martin KJELDSEN​

Thank You for the fast answer. I will try to compare the templates. Independently I am waiting for the functional CubeMX outcomes :). I will be obliged to you for giving me the hint how to find these templates. I haven't found too much in the CubeMX repositories.

Adam

Just start the TouchGFX designer 🙂 All the templates are available there when you create a new application,

0690X00000ARAftQAH.png

0690X00000ARAfjQAH.png