cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I flash the STM32WB55xx M0 with a Segger J-Link

AHend
Associate

I have a dongle/dev board kit that I'm experimenting with. I updated and flashed the dongle's M0 chip via the STM32 Programming tool. Since I've already switched the dev board to J-Link headers, and have been flashing the M4 chip, I'm wondering if I can use J-Link to flash the M0 chip?

Or, is it limited to using the STM Programmer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For now, it is recommended to use the UART and USB DFU methods described in "STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.2.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\Release_Notes.html" to update the M0 chip stack, using the STM32CubeProgrammer CLI utility. In a few weeks, we will release another method for programming the radio stacks via the debug interface (SWD/JTAG) also using the STM32CubeProgrammer GUI. Third parties like Segger will probably soon follow but for now please use the recommended methods from the Release_Notes.html mentioned.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

For now, it is recommended to use the UART and USB DFU methods described in "STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.2.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\Release_Notes.html" to update the M0 chip stack, using the STM32CubeProgrammer CLI utility. In a few weeks, we will release another method for programming the radio stacks via the debug interface (SWD/JTAG) also using the STM32CubeProgrammer GUI. Third parties like Segger will probably soon follow but for now please use the recommended methods from the Release_Notes.html mentioned.

Regards