cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103R8T6 Current consumption

MRajn
Associate

while designing Hi I am going compare the microcontroller can you help me in getting the current consumption for the about part no what the important current we need to consider

4 REPLIES 4
Ozone
Lead

How about the datasheet ?

Jack Peacock_2
Senior III

That's the obvious answer but it may be more complicated if it's not really an ST version. I've noticed quite a few STM32F103 related posts in the last few months, odd for such an old IC. There's no compelling reason to use it for anything new.

But if this is really one of the Chinese 'F1 clones (CSX, Giga Devices) then current consumption may be nothing like the real ST part. Rumor has it the CSX part is a pirated copy of the masks, but even then the process at the foundry can make a real difference. So the answer to this post could well be: if it isn't an ST part, get the Chinese datasheets.

Aside from that, if current is the major factor then an 'F1 based design is not the way to go. Look at the STM32L1 or STM32L4, low power controllers with current consumption at a fraction of a ten year old STM32F1.

If you prefer older controllers, you can also look at the RCA 1802......

Jack Peacock

I seem to recall that CubeMX has a current estimator based on pins, peripherals and clocks.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

​We are looking referring the ST datasheet and the ST part no , I am seriously not aware about any of the Chinese part and I am not sure from where this point came up in this topic.

We will be using this part as we have already the base software ready for this part and the production volume is 1000 .

so we don't want to invest much time in new microcontroller software part.

And we don't have the requirement of low current consumption, I just wanted to ensure the microcontroller which we will be using what should the current parameter we should look into and current which we need consider while designing our poser supply for this UC.

We are not in a favor in using the old microcontroller part  we just wanted to save efforts with perspective of software .any ways the local FAE has suggested us to go with STM32F4 series.