cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually add include path to touchgfx designer(Windows)?

Xu
Associate II

log:​

Converting images

Compiling gui/src/demo2_screen/demo2View.cpp

gui/src/demo2_screen/demo2View.cpp:6:17: fatal error: rtc.h: No such file or directory

#include "rtc.h"

^

compilation terminated.

simulator/gcc/Makefile:220: recipe for target 'build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/gui/src/demo2_screen/demo2View.o' failed

make[2]: *** [build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/gui/src/demo2_screen/demo2View.o] Error 1

simulator/gcc/Makefile:182: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

simulator/gcc/Makefile:40: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

rtc.h is the header file for a hardware peripheral.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III
include_paths := $(library_includes) $(foreach comp, $(all_components), $(comp)/include) $(framework_includes) myIncludePath
source_paths = $(foreach comp, $(all_components), $(comp)/src) $(framework_source) simulator

simulator/gcc/Makefile. Add your includepath to include_paths. It's relative to the application. You can also add source files to source_paths.

/Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III
include_paths := $(library_includes) $(foreach comp, $(all_components), $(comp)/include) $(framework_includes) myIncludePath
source_paths = $(foreach comp, $(all_components), $(comp)/src) $(framework_source) simulator

simulator/gcc/Makefile. Add your includepath to include_paths. It's relative to the application. You can also add source files to source_paths.

/Martin

OK, thanks!

scottSD
Senior III

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I notice with the latest version of TouchGFX (maybe it's always been that way), this is in the "generated" section and is written over when running a simulation.

I need to add these paths to have access to my message queue and freeRTOS.

I see that there is now an export in the non-generated TouchGFX\simulator\gcc\Makefile:

ADDITIONAL_SOURCES := 
ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_PATHS := 
ADDITIONAL_LIBRARY_PATHS := 
ADDITIONAL_LIBRARIES :=
export ADDITIONAL_SOURCES ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_PATHS ADDITIONAL_LIBRARY_PATHS ADDITIONAL_LIBRARIES

I understand why you went this way and I think its a good idea for portability. However, I am having issues adding multiple paths. When I add one path, it works:

project_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(makefile_path)../../..)))
core_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(project_path)/Core/Inc)))
freeRtos_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(project_path)/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/include)))

ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_PATHS := $(core_path)
export ADDITIONAL_SOURCES ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_PATHS ADDITIONAL_LIBRARY_PATHS ADDITIONAL_LIBRARIES

But adding another one does not:

project_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(makefile_path)../../..)))
core_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(project_path)/Core/Inc)))
freeRtos_path := $(call qs,$(abspath $(call sq,$(project_path)/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/include)))

ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_PATHS := $(core_path) $(freeRtos_path)

I am sure I have some syntax issue, but any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Did you ever get this to work? I am currently trying (and failing) to include `Core/Inc` for the simulator build but later on I would like to be able to link include more than one additional path. I am on 4.19.1 if that matters.

Sorry, I have not pursued this further. We are using our own hardware and I no longer use the Simulator.

Hopefully you'll get an answer to your question.