cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What versions of Mac OS X does STM32CubeIDE support? When can we expect an update?

DBlac
Associate

We are on a very recent released version of Mac OS X (Mojave 10.14.6) and received a message when attempting to install STM32CubeIDE that it would likely damage our software.

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Listed in our installation guide as supported macOS versions are:

macOS® 10.12 (Sierra)

macOS® 10.14 (Mojave)

The warning is mentioned in the "Known problems" of the release notes as:

"The macOS® installer displays incompatible version dialog when installing the stlink-server package. This can safely be ignored."

JCole.1
Associate

How can this safely be ignored? I cannot move past it in the installation. The only option it gives me is to quit.

That's a different error.

Try the following command in the Terminal.app, you might have to prefix it with sudo:

$ xattr -cr /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app

FFlic.1
Associate

0693W000005AzniQAC.pngHello, I'm using Mojave 10.14.6 and have tried both IDE v1.3 and 1.4. The operating system when verifying the app during start up always states:

RPark.1
Associate

Sorry not an answer but I am getting the same thing on my Mac. I have noticed a few posts like this. Never had a problem on the Windows machines I have used however. Perhaps if one of the ST guys could check this out......?

LaurentL
ST Employee

Hi,

You can try the command given in this answered post to remove the app from quarantine :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BUh6nKSQR/not-able-to-open-stm32cubeide-110-on-macos-mohave-10146

Rgds,

Laurent