cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt does not occur when EXTI and OpenAMP used together. The board listens rpmsg channel and does not see button interrupt

HArsl
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I am newbie in embedded linux, sorry if I ask dummy question and I try to combine GPIO EXTI and OpenAMP examples of Stm32Mp157C-DK2. I have completely run both examples alone however when I combined them, the interrupt due to the button press does not happen and the board just listen to the remote message from the rpmsg channel when I debug. My aim is to send " Button pressed" message whenever button is pressed namely EXTI occurred. However, the board does not enter the EXTI callback. 

Thank you in advance,

Halil

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @HArsl​ 

Assuming your code is correct around EXTI interrupt config, I would check if button GPIO is properly assigned to M4 context.

Did you boot linux with config "3:   stm32mp157c-dk2-m4-examples-sdcard", or equivalent dts, properly configuring user button on M4 context ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
HArsl
Associate II

I realized after asking my question that I have not played with device tree. I assume problem could be there, after trying that I will give a feedback.

Thank you very much.

Halil

HArsl
Associate II

Dear Oliver,

Now, I am trying the GPIO assignment and regarding to your advice I am reading device tree reference. However, one point make me confused, I will configure device tree to assign GPIO and then I will upload it to the board. During boot will I choose config 3? I am confusing because OpenAMP will be used by both M4 and A7 and so assigning GPIO to the M4 can not communicate with A7 during OpenAMP. Sorry if I could not express my problem.

Best

Halil