cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting End Node project running

Joe Kissell
Associate II

I'm attempting to run the LoRa Expansion pack for the End Node project inside of STM32CubeIDE, but am running into issues. I'm running this on a STM32L051K8U6 MCU with SX1272 radio.

Here's what I've done:

1.) Imported the project. Had to choose import as Atollic project.

2.) Started stepping through lines of code via the debugger.

3.) Had trouble with my debugger going crazy when running the DBG_Init() function. Added DEBUG #define symbol. That got me past the DBG_Init() function.

4.) Getting stuck deep inside the HW_RTC_Init() function waiting for "LSE is ready". Best I can tell is that the SysTick isn't incrementing. Is the example project broke? Or, am I missing some additional #defines?

Can someone please provide some guidance here? I was hoping this example would work right out the gate.

3 REPLIES 3
Joe Kissell
Associate II

Anyone..?

I tried implementing my own SysTick that was worked for me on other projects. I was able to get the SysTick updating, but it required me to update the clock configuration and the RTC module didn't like that either. So, I need to take a step back an re-analyze the original code. Can anyone tell why the original code routes here for the the SysTick Init? It's not doing anything.

/**
  * @brief This function configures the source of the time base.
  * @brief  don't enable systick
  * @param TickPriority: Tick interrupt priority.
  * @retval HAL status
  */
HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_InitTick(uint32_t TickPriority)
{
   /* Return function status */
  return HAL_OK;
}

Another headache is that this project has optimization turned on. I attempted to turn it off, but it failed to compile. Surely the example isn't so tight on code space that optimization is needed... Is it?

Joe Kissell
Associate II

Update...

I ordered a the actual development board this code was written for (STM32L053 Nucleo-L053R8) and was able to verify the code works there. I'm hopeful with some small tweaks, I can make this same code run equally well on my STM32L051K8U6 MCU. My best guess is that the clock configuration needs tweaked.

Are there any STM32 clock configuration experts out there that could provide some suggestions?

Joe Kissell
Associate II

Update...

Since I was having trouble with the RTC initialization, I modified the SystemClock_Config() code to run from the internal (LSI) clock instead of the external (LSE) clock. I verified the code ran correctly on the Nucleo-L053R8. Next, I tried to run on the STM32L051K8U6 MCU. However, this test still fails in the RTC initialization code. Looks like SysTick is failing to increment.

I'm trying to understand why SysTick would increment correction on the nucleo board, but not my board. Any ideas or suggestions?