Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[32f746NG]trying to bootload different flash ic through qspi

AAhar
Associate III

hi

i am trying to make a .stldr file to be able to external load the flash ic ,

the mcu is 32f746ng and the flash is MX25L51245G , i tried to take one of the examples that provide with stmprogramer and change it to my configure , but unfortally i didnt get succes (not even a blinking led ) ,

-so i wanted to know does anyone have some example project for this spsific mcu? (the provided example are for 32L ,maybe i dont doing right the transformaition).

-is there a recommended project example that maybe will be more easy to make the changes and implent?

(attached scheme)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Outputs diagnostic to USART1 @ 115200 baud

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Outputs diagnostic to USART1 @ 115200 baud

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AAhar
Associate III

hi Clive thank you very much , i tried to program my app with the st-link utility and your stldr , but i get fault there , so i tried to use stmprogrammer and its start to program and succeed the program ,

but the application didn't run after reset so i plug the board off and on and then i got my blinking led but i couldn't see the nothing on my screen..

im using the flash for picture, text and fonts for the touchgfx

i didn't understand what do you mean in Outputs diagnostic to USART1 @ 115200 baud ,

so i tried to connect uart (im using stlink jtag usually) and try to program with stmprogrammer ,in this way it does't recognize the flash

so i wonder why does it program in the stmprogrammer and in st-link utility dont ,

what im doing wrong or maybe i didn't explain my self right and this stldr file have more uses...

STs tools are inconsistent and poorly tested.

The v2.1.0 Cube Programmer for instance doesn't call Init() before it touches memory​ with a read. It also won't use the Read() function if provided. It makes assumptions about memory based on MCU and address space.

The USART​ provides for out-of-band testing, something ST hasn't done very well.

AAhar
Associate III

Thanks so much clive, I was finally able to run and program properly, the problem was that after I went through hardware I forgot to update my memory component

now everything is working good 🙂