cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does VL53L1x GUI Software works for all nucleo-64 boards?

Karan Kolhe
Associate III

I have Nucleo-F446RE and  VL53L1x satel. I have connected pins as follow

SCL - D15

SDA-D14

INT-A2

GND-GND

VDD-3v3

When I open GUI software It says Sensor not detected.

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Unfortunately that is not going to work. The GUI 'talks' to the Nucleo board via the USB serial port interface. We need to load a program onto the Nucleo that converts the serial commands into I2C reads and writes to the sensor. And that program is specific to the Nucleo F401.

One would think you could just buy a Nucleo-F401RE. They are pretty cheap and available. Mouser or Digikey can ship the next day.

But even that is going to be tricky. We put a GPIO expander on the normal expansion board, and so the Nucleo code only works with the expansion board.

So I'm afraid the only real way to run the GUI is with the P-Nucleo-53L1A1 (F401 and VL53L1 expansion board) and it is $56 dollars from Mouser or Digikey (although I've not checked recently).

You could write your own code. The X-cube software from ST will support your configuration. And there are examples in the downloadable API for the VL53L1. But you won't get the fancy graphs.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​Hi,

You may use the Cube Mx tool to generate a generic code for the F446RE, then copy the existing example code made for F401RE in X-CUBE(X-NUCLEO-53L1A1) from st.com.

thanks,

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.