cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU Bootloader device not showing up in DfuSe Demo

JWied
Associate

I'm putting an STM32L4S into DFU bootloader mode by holding the BOOT0 pin high at power-up.

That causes it to show up in WIndows 10 Device Manager under "Universal Serial Bus devices" as "STM32 BOOTLOADER". (It shows up under "Ports (COM & LPT)" as "USB Serial Device (COM4)" if the BOOT0 pin is low at power-up)

However, when I run DfuSE Demo (v3.0.6), I see nothing under "Available DFU Devices". I've tried launching DfuSE Demo both before and after powering on the device in DFU bootloader mode. Also, I've got other interfaces like I2C /UART/SWD disconnected, just in case they might interfere with entry into DFU mode over USB.

Am I missing some obvious step here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Use STM32 Cube Programmer in USB mode, the old tool you are using predates the L4+ parts.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Use STM32 Cube Programmer in USB mode, the old tool you are using predates the L4+ parts.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JWied
Associate

It looked like a nail, so I tried hitting it with the hammer I already had...

Thanks, that worked like a charm!

SPANA.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. I am using a device with STM32L476 MCU. The solution suggested by @Community member​ works. However, With STM32 Cube Programmer, i am only able to download .hex file format. I want to be able to download .dfu file instead of .hex.

This issue is only seen in few devices. Other devices are getting displayed on DFUSEDemo. Can anyone @Community member​ or @JWied​ explain the reason why the device is not showing up on the DFUSEDEMO UI....? Is there a way we can fix the issue

Thanks

I'm guessing that the old software is keying off specific naming or VID/PID, and thus doesn't support the newer L4 parts.

@Imen DAHMEN​ @Nawres GHARBI​ 

SPANA.1
Associate II

Thanks for the reply @Community member​ . But I see this issues on few devices only. Other devices are getting displayed properly in DFUSEDEMO tool. I will wait for @Imen DAHMEN​  and @Nawres GHARBI​ to add their inputs.

LVice.1
Associate

It's a USB windows drivers problem:

I went back to STM Bootloader in Device Manager and clicked it to update drivers. Instead of clicking the top window to choose the directory for the driver (I tried that before and Windows said no need to change), I clicked the option below it to "search windows for devices with similar drivers". And guess what popped up! STM Bootloader **AND** STM Device in DFU Mode.

I clicked the DFU Mode one, it loaded and WORKS!!

Solved by: mirskym on https://groups.io/g/nanovna-users/topic/pc_won_t_recognize_unit_in/79463054?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,79463054