cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 5.3.0 updater won't install any packeges.

pwisn
Associate II

I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 pro, so I need to install other things for STM, such as CubeMX. I downloaded from the site ver. 5.3.0 - installation was normal, but when I want to install FW packages for individual MCU series, I can't.

Sometimes I do not know why it is possible to install and I have information on the list that a specific version is installed. It will restart the program and again nothing is installed. I changed the permissions for the Cube root directory, started the program as admin and nothing. Often an error appears as in the attached picture. Any sugestion how to handle with that problem0690X00000AQm35QAD.png

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Any sugestion how to handle with that problem

As the popup message says....

1. Try to download the zip manually. If this fails, there's an objective issue, either on their side or on yours
  2. Install the downloaded zip.

--pa

Check for sufficient free space.

Check for AV or firewall blocking.

Use a common directory, avoid desktop, program files, or paths with odd characters or spaces.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pwisn
Associate II

I use standard paths - nothing fancy. AV and Firewall are disabled during packeges installation. Below screenshots one after installation (succeeded), restart the program and again there (second screenshoot).0690X00000AQmHgQAL.png

After restart Cube :

0690X00000AQmHlQAL.png

When i try to install manually from local file sometimes i have error ( picture below) and sometimes not :

0690X00000AQmHqQAL.png

First screenshot could​ be it looking in a different repository directory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

How to check that directory ? And why once shows that they are installed once not? I just turned on CubeMX and saw one of the four packages installed. The same thing happened on version 5.2.0

pwisn
Associate II

I think i find issue. Some kind of BUG in software witch cannot handle with Polish encoding. When i install Cube it do something wierd with windows account folder. Where report BUG ?0690X00000AQpcNQAT.png