cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about Secure NFC

Czhuo
Associate

I didn't find the topic about "Secure MCUs", so I posted the question here that relative to NFC.

In the Secure NFC (https://www.st.com/en/secure-mcus/secure-nfc.html) section, there is a video on the bottom of the page, named "NFC secure mobile point of sales". In the video, the speaker used a smartphone to scan the credit card to complete a purchase through NFC, I wonder what roles the Secure NFC played in this demo. Actually I can implement the same function through the normal embedded NFC without the Secure NFC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACHAR
Associate

Hello,

This video demonstrate the Mobile Point of Sale application from our partner Mobeewave. On this demo the Secure Element hosts the EMV kernel which has to be located in a secure environment according to PCI rules. There is of course the possibility from a functional standpoint to implement this kernel on Android user space, but this would in this case potentially violate some security rules from payment schemes. For any further question on this application, I would recommend you to contact Mobeewave.

Best Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ACHAR
Associate

Hello,

This video demonstrate the Mobile Point of Sale application from our partner Mobeewave. On this demo the Secure Element hosts the EMV kernel which has to be located in a secure environment according to PCI rules. There is of course the possibility from a functional standpoint to implement this kernel on Android user space, but this would in this case potentially violate some security rules from payment schemes. For any further question on this application, I would recommend you to contact Mobeewave.

Best Regards,

Alex