cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to install STSW-BNRGFLASHER on Windows 10

uilter
Senior

0690X00000AQPt8QAH.jpgHi Guys!

I'm using windows 7 to programming via SWD the BlueNRG-1.

Using this version of windows I don't have any problem. It is my dev PC.

But now I need to use on Windows 10 to mass production and change MAC address. The factory only have Windows 10.

I tried 3 different PCs with windows 10 and always got an error of installation.

Follow the error when the software try to install the USB driver.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Ulter,

VCOM port is not required to program BlueNRG-1 device via SWD.

--

In case VCOM is needed, Windows 10 has inbox VCOM driver which works well:

0690X00000AQSmKQAX.png

So for most cases, please just ignore the error by clicking "Complete"(Concluir). Then it shall work for you.

Please in Device Manager look for the Ports | USB Serial Device.

When the inbox driver doesn't work, please manually install the driver:

• Go to PC, Windows Device Manager.
  • Look for "Other devices" tab: on the available reported device, related to the not recognized STEVAL-IDB007Vx device (label: Unknown Device or STMicrolectronics), right click on mouse and select "Update Driver Software" option.
  • Browse to BlueNRG-1 BlueNRG-2 Flasher Utility SW package installation folder (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG-1_2 Flasher Utility x.x.x) and select PCDriver\Virtual COM Port Driver and proceed with "Next" button.
  • If asked, allow the driver installation by selecting: "Install this driver software anyway" option.
  • Installation is completed and STEVAL-IDB007Vx devices are correctly recognized and reported on Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT) tab, with associated COM port number.

Best Regards,

Winfred

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Ulter,

VCOM port is not required to program BlueNRG-1 device via SWD.

--

In case VCOM is needed, Windows 10 has inbox VCOM driver which works well:

0690X00000AQSmKQAX.png

So for most cases, please just ignore the error by clicking "Complete"(Concluir). Then it shall work for you.

Please in Device Manager look for the Ports | USB Serial Device.

When the inbox driver doesn't work, please manually install the driver:

• Go to PC, Windows Device Manager.
  • Look for "Other devices" tab: on the available reported device, related to the not recognized STEVAL-IDB007Vx device (label: Unknown Device or STMicrolectronics), right click on mouse and select "Update Driver Software" option.
  • Browse to BlueNRG-1 BlueNRG-2 Flasher Utility SW package installation folder (default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG-1_2 Flasher Utility x.x.x) and select PCDriver\Virtual COM Port Driver and proceed with "Next" button.
  • If asked, allow the driver installation by selecting: "Install this driver software anyway" option.
  • Installation is completed and STEVAL-IDB007Vx devices are correctly recognized and reported on Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT) tab, with associated COM port number.

Best Regards,

Winfred

That's it @Winfred LU​  !

I should be more curious and search the folder to see if the exe is there.

The goal is use the SWD interface.

Thank you about your explanation about the VCOM. For sure it will help other users here.

Have good day!