cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody tell me how to get the starter package of open stLinux work?

MSchn.14
Associate

I already tried the site of st wiki. I only want to get to run the starter package for my work at the university.

I saw that you can flash the sd-card wit windows-os.

Is that right?

I did it with CubeMxProgrammer. And the terminal said programming was succesfully.

After I changed the switches on the backside. The Display stays black.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AndreyN​ 

Your understanding of the DSI black screen issue 6 month back is not correct.

It was not a wrong connection to HDMI even if no cable but a timing issue during DSI screen initialization.

Anyway this is now fix in delivered software and should not happen any more.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

I assume you are using DK2 board.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AndreyN
Associate III

Hi Max,

Since you did not specify which board you are using, the following hint might be relevant for you or not.

I have similar problem with my stm32mp157c-dk2 board after flashing new image built with provided Yocto SDK. The attached display remains black. However, if you attach HDMI display, you might see the output there. As mentioned 6 months ago in other thread, there is a problem with current Yocto-based SDK resulting in output going to HDMI even if no cable attached.

Regards,

Andrey.

Edit: add link to HDMI problem discussion thread

Hi @AndreyN​ 

Your understanding of the DSI black screen issue 6 month back is not correct.

It was not a wrong connection to HDMI even if no cable but a timing issue during DSI screen initialization.

Anyway this is now fix in delivered software and should not happen any more.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Thanks for your comments Oliver.

> Anyway this is now fix in delivered software and should not happen any more.

Well, I built default weston image as well as eglfs/qt image using rather recent version of the provided Yocto SDK (download about two weeks ago). In both cases I still can not see output on DSI screen (hdmi works). However, the image on provided SD card works as expected. So I am confident that hardware is OK.

I will try to pull the latest version and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Andrey.

MSchn.14
Associate

Hello PatrickF,

thank you for all of the ideas. Yes that is correct. I use the STM32MP157C-DK2.

And yes it was the ST-Link FW Version. I had an older one. Now it works!

Thank you very much!

Matix

For those who experience DSI display problems on stm32mp157c-dk2 board, this question (and answer) might be relevant.