cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 questions about "st-example-image-qt"

IYetk
Associate III

Hello,

I have 4 questions if you have time to answer, I would appreciate it very much.

1. I prepared st-example-image-qt image. But there isnt any terminal like weston image. Should I run any other command before bitbake in order to have all the tools packages and freameworks that weston image has ?
  2. If you can, could you please write me all commands that I should run to prepare such a full featured -qt image ?
  3. How can I run an example in this image ?
  4. Can one do following things with this image ?
  • modify, rebuild and run an example with opensourse qt license ?
  • write a qt app from scratch with crosstoolchain in ubuntu laptop with open source qt license and load it to the dk2-board ?

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
AndreyN
Associate III

Based on my experience, there are multiple issues with st-example-image-qt. Hence my question in this forum. Hope someone more knowledgeable will be able to answer it.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @IYetk​ 

The st-example-image-qt is provided with many samples code all in /usr/share/examples

You need to do :

root@stm32mp1:~# psplash-drm-quit

root@stm32mp1:~# export QT_QPA_EGLFS_ALWAYS_SET_MODE="1"

Prior to execute them to release DRM KMS resources.

I will try to come back with few hints for other points but please be aware of the following ST support strategy for QT image :

The OpenSTLinux distribution offers the possibility to use an example of an image based on the QT framework (st-example-image-qt) as a demonstrator, not for developing products. For Qt-based products, the list of STMicroelectronics partners can be found on STMicroelectronics web site.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/QT_overview

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

You can start with all the posts related to QT on that forum, simply click on "QT" tag: https://community.st.com/s/topic/0TO0X000000y2iTWAQ/qt

ok thank you,

I stay tuned for your further hints