Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware integration on STM32H750 Disco board with TouchGFX

Zui
Senior

Hello

i'm trying to port the code shown in the webinar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQO7zhX0e0Q

to the STM32H750 disco board, because i need urgently to be able to pilot a GPIO on that board.

The webinar shows the TouchGFX project genarated code, in particular on 29:54 the main.cpp is shown, which have hw_init() and touchgfx_init() functions, but in my main.cpp those functions are not there. is this because at the moment the touchGFX can't generate a CUBEMX project? any way to do that?

i also tryed to generate a project starting from CUBEMX, sinche this H750eval board is present, but when i choose that board, only the MCU is shown, not the board, so i can't configure any GPIO/Led ecc on board.

Thanks for any help

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Zui​,

CubeMX does not support TouchGFX on H7, yet. We have an H750 disco application template available through the designer, though.

You're right in that the calls to

hw_init();
touchgfx_init();

are in main.cpp, but the definitions are usually in BoardConfiguration.cpp.

Try starting from TouchGFX Designer instead and make changes to GPIOs by hand - Or, do it in CubeMX in a seperate project and port those changes over to the TouchGFX project.

/Martin

I'm doing as you suggest, but now i can't make it work when compiled via IAR.

i started a new TouchGFX project, imported my GUI, compiled and downloaded to my board, all worked fine, but if i try do load on board same code compiled by IAR won't work (and i'm using STM32 Link Utility to flash into board)

any advice?

Tnx

You'll have to be more specific, i think. Can you debug your way through the application?

/Martin

Zui
Senior

no, i'm just using IAR for compiling, then flashing with stm32 link

You should be able to program using st-link and then debug the code running from internal flash using IAR.

/Martin

Yes i can do that (just tryedd), but how that is going to help me understan why same code, compiled with touchGFX gcc works, and compiled with IAR don't?

Thanks

It will help you understand where things go wrong, and then maybe, based on that, we can figure out the answer to your original question.

/Martin