cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX and FreeRTOS on STM32H732i-EVAL2 example project or step by step tutorial (or both)

EVars
Associate

I am using STM32H732i-EVAL2. I was able to create a small GUI project using Touch GFX Designer.

Now I need to add/create several FreeRTOS tasks (queues, semaphores, etc.). Where in the TouchGFX project do they go? Where do I call xTaskCreate and vTaskStartScheduler() from? How do I make sure that TouchGFX continues to run after the scheduler starts with FreeRTOS tasks and ISRs? How and where do I link FreeRTOS sources/dependancies to my TouchGFX project?

Is there a tutorial showing how to add FreeRTOS tasks, dependancies, etc. to a TouchGFX project?

Is there an example TouchGFX project/solution that already contains FreeRTOS tasks, dependancies, etc.?

1 REPLY 1
Jazman
Associate III

I'm in a similar situation with a different board/MPU. But I also am interested in a primer of how we should be adding other OS calls into the structures that TouchGFX creates. For example where should we instantiating our "backend" in addition to other RTOS needs, etc.

Thanks!