cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S2-LP loop antenna design

Jan Buurman
Associate II

Hi,

For an engineering project I've got a S2-LP and would like to use it in combination with a loop antenna. The S2-LP has a RXp and RXn output. Usually a balon is used to go from balanced to unbalanced output (50 ohm). In this case a BALF-SPI2-01D3.

I would like to connect my loop antenna directly to the RXp and RXn output. What is the impedance of the RXp and RXn output?

A loop antenna is required as a normal antenna is detuned very easily. The modules are potted, underwater in close proximity to steel. I'm stuck with the S2-LP chip and 868MHz. This is far from ideal but cannot be changed.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DUpps.2199
Associate

In table 17 and table 27 in the S2-LP datasheet the impedances for RX and TX are mentioned.

I assume you tune the loop after it is potted and close to the steel? Did you try other types of antennas as well?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jan Buurman
Associate II

The question is not answered. But I've got a working device in the harsh environment described.

I understand now this forum is not for these kinds of questions...

DUpps.2199
Associate

In table 17 and table 27 in the S2-LP datasheet the impedances for RX and TX are mentioned.

I assume you tune the loop after it is potted and close to the steel? Did you try other types of antennas as well?

Jan Buurman
Associate II

Thanks for the answer. I've overlooked the table. The project is finished.