cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h750 & IAR (EWARM)

Zui
Senior

Hello

I'm working with the stm32h750 eval board and touchgfx, my GUI is ready, but now i need to conect to some hardware (relay, sensors etc). i usually work with keil, but touchgfx not generating keil project and i lost hope it will before my dead-end; so i moved to IAR, which is generated, but not working, seems to me all options for the generated project are wrong, after many attempt (some random, some *** grano salis) i was able to compile a project, but still not able to load it into board (IAR starts to load project, and keeps going forever, no error, nothing, and i waited 40 min to see if it will eventually unstuck and load the code)

any advice/guide/working example to load touchGFX project from IAR?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_ST
ST Employee

The code not loading into target most of the time, means that your project's options are wrong, especially debugger/ST-LINK options.

Ozone
Lead

I would check IARs documentation, especially about the state of H7 support of their toolchain.

Flash/debug support and Flash loaders are the next thing to check.

Perhaps contacting IAR. They don't seem to have their own forum, though.

Working with IAR WB for Cortex M3/M4 MCUs myself (V7.30), never had such issues.

Presumably here a crap-tonne of data is being downloaded on to an external QSPI memory over the JTAG link.

Using a fast debug pod with USB 2.0 HS connection?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

How did you create this project? TouchGFX designer only has a complete package for H750-DISCO. Maybe you adapted an application based on that?

/Martin