cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which STM32L412 MCUs have SMPS and are in production

wyv
Associate II

Hello,

according to the product selector on the ST website, the only MCU from L412 series that has SMPS and is in production is STM32L412RB with 64 pins in LQFP and UFBGA package.

In the product specification v6, on p57 at the PIN definitions table, I can find only WLCSP36 SMPS and LQFP64 SMPS. in some supplies there are UFBGA, LQFP and QFN.

STM32L412RBT6P

STM32L412CBT6P

STM32L412CBU6P

STM32L412RBI6P

1. Where can I find the pin description for the missing ones in packages: 48pin QFN, 48 pin LQFP, 64 pin UFBGA?
  2. Is ST really producing 48 pin QFN and 48 pin LQFP or these are mistakes on the suppliers' page (I already asked Mouser and they confirmed that they have them so it seems they are really produced, but not marked on the ST website)?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Please check CubeMX tool, select your MCU, and open new project, you will find see expected pinout for LQFP48 SMPS.

In this tool, you can see marketing status as well. And so far, LQFP48 SMPS (STM32L412CBTx-P) is not flagged as active.

Anyways, officially, if it is not listed on ST website, then it is not available.

You should contact your local ST office to have more information about (future) availability.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
wyv
Associate II

thank you, but this is the same document I was referring to. On p.56/57 there are only only WLCSP36 SMPS and LQFP64 SMPS described. Any other idea? I would need for 48 pin LQFP and it is missing from this specification file.

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Please check CubeMX tool, select your MCU, and open new project, you will find see expected pinout for LQFP48 SMPS.

In this tool, you can see marketing status as well. And so far, LQFP48 SMPS (STM32L412CBTx-P) is not flagged as active.

Anyways, officially, if it is not listed on ST website, then it is not available.

You should contact your local ST office to have more information about (future) availability.

thank you, it is clear now

APros.1
Associate

Where can I find a pinout for STM32L412CBU6P part (LQFP48 with ext. SMPS)?

This part is available in product selector on the ST site, Device Configuration Tool in STM32CubeIDE, but not in the DS (https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32l412cb.pdf).

OGUIL.1
Associate

Hello,

Same questions, will you update the DS please ?

Hi @OGUIL.1​ , @APros.1​ ,

A new datasheet will be published soon on the ST website containing this update =).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks, Imen.

JW

Hi Imen,

It's been more than a year, and there's still no new datasheet containing the 48-pin version with SMPS.The currently publishe one is Rev 8, of 03-Nov-2020.

Can you please push this a little bit further?

Thanks,

Jan

@Imen DAHMEN​