cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3MINI - total number of products

AVI-crak
Senior

Good start, good appearance, nothing more on the compact board, many available interfaces, low price.

But I do not understand the distribution strategy of this debugger - only 4 devices are manufactured ???

The method of purchase and delivery is many times higher than the declared value on the site.

I turn to the managers of the company ST - some of your advertising companies have a cost thousands of times higher than that required to produce a cost-effective experimental batch of debuggers. Not one, not two, but several thousand.

13 REPLIES 13
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Production ramps up slow. Demand is high.Hopefully next batch will be larger.

Production is an external order for the assembly of several thousand devices. When robots work, it's always cheap.

For one device, I can install all the parts on the paste in fifteen minutes - with a simple manual vacuum tweezers. And three minutes to solder in the oven. Soldering is the easiest.

If such difficulties arise - can this process be entrusted to the Chinese? A natural limitation is the sale of a processor with flashed and locked firmware. To do this, you need a crib for programming (cost 1k euro) - I hope you have it.

Must have made at least 14, I've had 10 of them at one point.

Trick is to order stuff when it is in stock, and order enough that the S&H doesn't predominate.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Ouch, Mouser picture of STLINK-V3Mini is actual picture of STLINK-V3SET

Got mine from Mouser, at the time both DigiKey and Mouser had stock, had to play rock-paper-scissors with the ordering to see who won the battle for price breaks, vs tariffs, vs shipping.

Poor local warehousing, high margin distributors, and expensive local shipping seem to be the primary aggravators here. Most of that is NOT ST's fault.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

DigiKey and Mouser are fighting each other, funny. Are they needed?

Any entrepreneur can sell through aliexpress, and this does not require serious investments. Product availability is required, and that’s all. It is natural to find the right product through the search engine of aliexpress itself - it will be impossible. But this is not required - if ST has a static link.

>>DigiKey and Mouser are fighting each other, funny. Are they needed?

Yeah, if I don't want to have to wait 4-6 weeks for stuff to show up.

#SlowBoatFromChina

Funny arithmetic ...

Wait two weeks for $ 10 with aliexpress. Design - a paper envelope with plastic filler as a protection.

Or quickly: (debugger price) $ 10 + (minimum order amount) $ 60 + (customs duties) $ 75 + (very fast delivery) $ 300.

The total amount is $ 445. Design: a huge premium colorful box with lots of paper instructions and completely useless confetti.