cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise when CUBE MX libraries will be updated to LWIP 2.1.2

Alec Davis
Associate III

The LWIP repo on stm32duino  https://github.com/stm32duino/LwIP already has LWIP 2.1.2 as of 22 August 2019.

"This library is based on the version 2.1.2 of the LWIP stack."

How can we update our local repository with the version from stm32duino, and will stm32CubeMX or stm32CubeIDE recognise it.

Thanks Alec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alec Davis
Associate III

Answering my own question

LWIP 2.1.2 is in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0 and STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0

Thanks much appreciated

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HDimi
Associate

It will be great because on the version 2.0.3 (current version used by cube) there is no way to have a http client so that's no really usefull when you need to get data from a remote server or juste data on web (of course without know the ip adresse).

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Your request is raised to our development team in order to check if there is already a planning to integrate the new LwIP version. If not, to schedule it.

Support in STM32CubeMX & STM32CubeIDE depends on support on STM32Cube packages first.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Alec Davis
Associate III

​We're specifically interested the F4 library.

The alternative would be to update the local repository that CubeMX has downloaded, if that would work.

@Community member​ - I just excluded the STM-provided obsolete version and added the current LwIP to projects.

A bit tedious but worth it (lots of LwIP fixes in current version).

@Amel NASRI​ - It would be great if STM could update this (and provide samples that compile and work)...

Alec Davis
Associate III

​Any Answer on when LWIP 2.1.2 is scheduled to be included in STM32CubeMX and then STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks Alec

Alec Davis
Associate III

Answering my own question

LWIP 2.1.2 is in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0 and STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0

Thanks much appreciated