Did you mean: 

Errors when including "arm_math.h"

m_n
Associate

Micro-controller: STM32F407VGT

Compiler: Keil V 5.28.0

CMSIS Core Library: V 5.2.0

DSP Library: V 1.6.0

I need some help including the CMSIS DSP library in my project. I have included the CMSIS DSP library via Manage Run Time Environment, this links the arm_cortexM4lf_math.lib under CMSIS (project tree) but when I try to include the #include "arm_math.h" I get approx 30 errors, what am I missing,

I have also include the path for the arm_math.h from the C:/user/mn/AppData/Local/Arm/Packs/ARM/CMSIS/5.6.0/CMSIS/DSP.

I have not copied any of the files in my project directory as I thought including the path should be good enough, frankly, I would like to avoid copying as I have seen some code generation issues with STM32 Cube MX when I copy the files to CMSIS folder of my project.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Some of the errors are listed below:

C:\Users\mn\AppData\Local\Arm\Packs\ARM\CMSIS\5.5.1\CMSIS\DSP\Include\arm_math.h(1063): error: #79: expected a type specifier

__STATIC_FORCEINLINE int32_t __SMMLA(

C:\Users\mn\AppData\Local\Arm\Packs\ARM\CMSIS\5.5.1\CMSIS\DSP\Include\arm_math.h(1063): error: #101: "int32_t" has already been declared in the current scope

__STATIC_FORCEINLINE int32_t __SMMLA(

C:\Users\mn\AppData\Local\Arm\Packs\ARM\CMSIS\5.5.1\CMSIS\DSP\Include\arm_math.h(1681): error: #757: function "int32_t" is not a type name

int32_t shift,

C:\Users\mn\AppData\Local\Arm\Packs\ARM\CMSIS\5.5.1\CMSIS\DSP\Include\arm_math.h(1696): error: #757: function "int32_t" is not a type name

int32_t shift,

1 REPLY 1
RShar.9
Senior

hello

when you are generating program from cubemx that time select copy_all_used_libraries_into_the_project in project manager then it will generate dsp header files into your project than you have include that arm_math.h header file from your_project/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include path.

and give that include path in c/c++ project

than it will work

i am also facing that problem now i resolved it