cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This question about SBSFU software package from ST official website,and I download the SBSFU package to my stm32f413,I find the JTAG HW interface is forbidden ,how can i do to download other programmer?

Zzhan.2
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Bob S
Principal

If you had SBSFU configured to set RDP=1, then you can connect with your JTAG/SWI programmer, open the "option bytes" view and reset the RDP level back to zero. This will erase the entire FLASH contents and allow you to load other programs.

If, on the other hand, you allowed SBSFU to set RDP=2, you are done. There is no way to access or reprogram the chip using JTAG/SWI, and no way to reset the RDP level, short of etching the plastic off the chip and exposing the die to UV light in an attempt to force bit changes in the FLASH memory 🙂

The whole idea behind SBSFU is that it locks out JTAG/SWI access to protect your code inside the chip.

Zzhan.2
Associate II

Thank you for your answer ​.I can reprogram chip with your method . At present , I want to use the SBSFU software package to my project about AGV,and the SBSFU demo is use UART to communicate ,but I want to change it with Ethernet ,May I leave your mailbox for your advice?

Thank you for your answer ​.I can reprogram chip with your method . At present , I want to use the SBSFU software package to my project about AGV,and the SBSFU demo is use UART to communicate ,but I want to change it with Ethernet ,May I leave your mailbox for your advice?

Bob S
Principal

It is hypothetically possible to change the SBSFU to use Ethernet instead of UART, but that is a whole boat load of code to add to the bootloader. You need to make sure your CPU has enough flash for the SBSFU plus 2 copies of your main application (one the "active" copy and one the "download" copy). If you haven't already done this, I strongly suggest you work on the Ethernet part of this separate from the SBSFU wrapper. Get the Ethernet interface working and whatever UDP/TCP and file transfer method you want running as a stand-alone program first. Then try to port it into the SBSFU code.

If you have questions, post to the forums.