cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G4,Set Chip Read Protect,then can not connect the Chip。(had solved)

csinu
Associate II

I used STM32CubeProgrammer,And Set Chip Read Protection(RDP:0xCC),

Now The Chip can not be connect By JLINK STLINK either Usart�?

is there some method to reset the protection level?

the problem had be solved,detail below:

Level 2: No debug

In this level, the protection level 1 is guaranteed. In addition, the Cortex®-M4 debug port, the

boot from RAM (boot RAM mode) and the boot from System memory (boot loader mode)

are no more available. In user execution mode (boot FLASH mode), all operations are

allowed on the Flash Main memory. On the contrary, only read operations can be performed

on the option bytes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob S
Principal

Time for a new chip unless your code already in the chip has a way to update itself. As I mentioned here

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BFx3rSSQR/this-question-about-sbsfu-software-package-from-st-official-websiteand-i-download-the-sbsfu-package-to-my-stm32f413i-find-the-jtag-hw-interface-is-forbidden-how-can-i-do-to-download-other-programmer

Once you set RDP level 2 there is no going back. All JTAG/SWI access to FLASH and option bytes is blocked. The statement "in user execution mode ... all operations are allowed on the FLASH" means that the program running in the CPU can read, erase and program FLASH. But no external access is allowed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bob S
Principal

Time for a new chip unless your code already in the chip has a way to update itself. As I mentioned here

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BFx3rSSQR/this-question-about-sbsfu-software-package-from-st-official-websiteand-i-download-the-sbsfu-package-to-my-stm32f413i-find-the-jtag-hw-interface-is-forbidden-how-can-i-do-to-download-other-programmer

Once you set RDP level 2 there is no going back. All JTAG/SWI access to FLASH and option bytes is blocked. The statement "in user execution mode ... all operations are allowed on the FLASH" means that the program running in the CPU can read, erase and program FLASH. But no external access is allowed.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @csinu​ ,

Could you please tell us how your problem was solved?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

csinu
Associate II

@Amel NASRI (ST Employee)

Yes,My problem was solved。thank you,and thanks ST�?�?

Do I need to mark the problem was solved on this page?

csinu
Associate II

@Amel NASRI (ST Employee)

I find Community is good for us(learner and engineer)。

when i public a question,and i can get the answer next day�?�?​haha

@csinu​ ,

Glad to know that your problem was resolved. The more important is to share the solution with other members. In fact, someone else may face the same issue and your solution will be helpful for him.

If in this case the proposal of @Bob S​  was the solution for you, just click on "Select as Best" 🙂

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.