cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled event loop exception

MBaal
Associate II

Hello,

with version STMCubeIDE 1.0.2, I get an 'unhandled event loop exception' after I've created a project and atttempt to look at the source code that is generated.

Effectively, this renders the IDE unusable, as the only option I have is to quit, as this errors keeps repeating itself.

It is hard to find out what is causing this bug, as the popup window is the only thing I can click in...

any ideas?

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 to run this on and installed from the debian package for 1.0.2.

These errors started occuring after I updated from 16.04 to 18.04. But I reinstalled the STMCubeIDE...

4 REPLIES 4
MBaal
Associate II

Some more detailed info when starting from the command line; the error messages are repeating numerous times, but I cut them here for brevity.

***WARNING: Detected: GTK_IM_MODULE=xim. This input method is unsupported and can cause graphical issues.
***WARNING: Unset GTK_IM_MODULE or set GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus if flicking is experienced. 

(STM32CubeIDE:9022): GLib-CRITICAL **: 14:01:52.225: g_base64_encode_step: assertion 'in != NULL' failed

(STM32CubeIDE:9022): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 14:02:25.858: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(STM32CubeIDE:9022): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 14:02:28.017: The window 0x7f75de488af0 already has a drawing context. You cannot call gdk_window_begin_draw_frame() without calling gdk_window_end_draw_frame() first.

MBaal
Associate II

Doing

export GTK_IM_MODULE="ibus"

before starting stmcubeide seems to fix it...

though a lot of the error messages still happen. (the encode step and the scrollbar one)

LAuda.1
Associate

I have been having the same Unhandled event loop exception problems. I'm running Debian 9, and getting rid of it, has been a real pain. Its related to the input ibus=xim bug

Here is a link talking about linux input handling . https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/260601/understanding-setting-up-different-input-methods

Test with eclipse Version: 2020-06 (4.16.0) Build id: 20200615-1200 to see the problem.

It warns you about input , GTK_IM_MODULE="xim" being set, on startup (run from bash to see this startup warning)

you can use, im-config to change it, (install if you don't have ) to something else, but this dose not fix the problem!, X startup being complete abomination. It could being set in any number of other places. I removed ibus, nope, still get the warning from eclipse and the buffer flashing problem, and grep-ing all my config file's for gnome/gtk/X.. nop.. still could not find where it was being set, best I could come up with was to add this to .profile and .bash files

export GTK_IM_MODULE="gtk-im-context-simple"

export QT_IM_MODULE="simple"

This fix the problem for the moment(for me) but who knows, given the Java/Eclipse version nightmare, it may all stop working just by clicking the left mouse button at the same time your holding the Num lock key down, format your hard-disk, sign you up for a million $ loan at 200% interest , with your local shark loan organization, and then say.. Have a nice day!

Lachlan

Not quite there, fixed the flashing window problem but not the crash Unhandled event loop exception

so change my version of have Java to oracle.com 1.8.0_251 . (version) Note ST ships it's own version of java, which apear's to be openjdk version "1.8.0_242"

as STMCubeIDE looks for it's own version not the system version you will have ln -s to the new version of java, ST version is at /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0/jre/

for now it's working.. touch wood(my head!) LOL

Lachlan