cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enable STM32F769I-DISCO Analog Audio?

SSher
Associate II

HI,

I have a Demo application based on the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0 audio example. This example defaults to using the onboard digital mics.  I need to use the analog mic/CN6.  I made changes to use the INPUT_DEVICE_ANALOG_MIC.  

/* MP34DT01TR digital microphone on PCB top side */

#define INPUT_DEVICE_DIGITAL_MIC      ((uint16_t)0)

/* Analog microphone input from 3.5 audio jack connector */   

#define INPUT_DEVICE_ANALOG_MIC       INPUT_DEVICE_INPUT_LINE_1 

The application does not receive audio events.  Is there something else that needs to be reconfigured to support the analog mic?

Are there any other examples that have the analog mic enabled by default?

-Steve

1 REPLY 1
SSher
Associate II

After some investigation, the Analog interrupts were not available and the BSP_AUDIO_IN_InitEx is hard coded to digital mic. Made the associated changes and receive audio events with no data.  

I am trying to configure the codec to support transmit/receive with an Analog MIC input. Looks like there are discrepancies in the code when configuring both Analog input and output.  When enabling both, the codec is reset when during input configuration and output configuration. Seems this reset would wipe out any previous configuration changes. Also the BSP_AUDIO_IN_ClockConfig is never called for the Analog MIC case.  Also, audio_drv->Init takes a parameter of InputOutputDevice. BSP_AUDIO_IN_INIT and BSP_AUDIO_OUT_INIT pass only Input or Output device.  This being the case, the configuration after BSP_AUDIO_IN_INIT is changed after BSP_AUDIO_OUT_INIT is executed.

I made some changes to the driver but have not been able to get data from an Analog MIC. Interrupts are working but no data.