cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the ST25RU3993 UHF RAIN RFID evaluation board. I don't get a reliable, distinct read of 2 UHF tags placed near the UHF reader antenna. Why not ? Is there something I can do to display the 2 TIDs reliably ?

Dr. Ian Pratt
Associate

I have the ST25RU3993 UHF RAIN RFID evaluation board.

I have some YARONGTECH Impinj H47 860-960MHZ Monza 4 915M EPC C1G2 ISO18000-6C UHF RFID tags.

With the antenna supplied I can interrogate the tags and sometimes see the TID displayed. However, if I place 2 tags near the reader antenna there doesn't seem to be a consistent read count of both tags. Sometimes only 1 TID is displayed with the read count continuously incrementing. I would expect to see 2 distinct TIDs on a reliable basis, but I don't see that behaviour with the ST25RU3993 kit.

Is there a reason for this behaviour ? Is there something that I can do to get 2 consistent, reliable TIDs displayed when I place 2 UHF tags close to the reader field ?

Thanks,

Ian Pratt

2 REPLIES 2
Marcel Rossignol
ST Employee

​Hi Ian,

which GUI version do you use?

Please use our latest release 1.7.0, this solves a lot of SW issues.

0690X00000AQTCIQA5.png

As you can see, it is possible for me to read the TID of two tags easily.

The Monza 4 tags are fine. We do not have any issue with a certain tag IC type.

Here are the reader settings:

0690X00000AQTChQAP.png

Best regards,

Marcel

Dr. Ian Pratt
Associate

Marcel,

Thanks for sending through your answer. I had another reply from Bernhard with some suggestions on the Q.

I am away from my base for another couple of weeks, then I will repeat the test and capture the results. I don't get the same results as displayed on your screenshots. I can potentially see 2 tags but it is very hit ad miss, which doesn't seem right.

Let me run it again, I am using software GUI version 1.7.0.0. Not sure of the hardware firmware version. I can check that once I return to base from my travels.

Regards,

Ian