cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which clock RCC module uses for its operation ?

bivin mato
Associate III

Hello,

I'm using STM32F779I.

I'm just curious to know which clock does the RCC module uses for its own operations ?

Regards,

Vinoth.

4 REPLIES 4

SYSCLK

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the clarification Clive.

Is this info documented anywhere in the user manual / datasheet of stm32f779xx ?

Because initially i thought HCLK would be clock source for RCC since it falls in AHB1.

Regards,

Vinoth

The register interface may be at HCLK, but the SYSCLK is the fastest clock (VCO pulses, and other faster source might be available), and the others are divided down from there.

Any particular reason it is critical to know? I'm not sure ST has shared more than a black-box clock tree diagram. The RCC unit is always clocked, other peripherals have gated clocks, or multiple sources.

The TIM can be provided a clock 2x the speed of the APB they are on. Not really a multiplication, but rather a clock from one divider earlier in the chain.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes this is not critical. Just curious to know. Thanks.

Regards,

Vinoth