cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB VCP not working (Code 10) STM32H7 / Cube V 5.3

GS1
Senior III

I have a new project on an STM32H743 and thought it is a good idea to start this one with the latest version of CubeMX (5.3.0.) and the latest HAL library (1.5.).

As I already have several systems running with USB VCP (STM32F746 and STM32H743) which were created with older releases of the Cube/HAL, I applied the necessary changes to the USB routines and thought it should work like in the old projects.

But I get failures on the PC side "The device cannot start (Code 10)" when attaching the new system. Some rare times it works, but most times I get errors.

I already increase Stack and Heap size to 2000. So this should not be the reason.

Hardware should be ok as this also has been done like on the other systems.

Has anybody an idea what I should have a look at?

I use a Win10 - 64Bit PC and the driver version of the VCP is automatically installed (V. 1.4.0). My other systems are performing USB VCP without issues on that PC.

Any comments very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GS1
Senior III

I have a solution:

I recreated my project using Cube 5.0.1 and HAL 1.3.0. This configuration worked on my other H7 projects so I thought it's worth a try. Using the old HAL solved the issue !!!

I can't tell if my project will still work with this configuration on the H7 chip release Version V (we still have the first - buggy - chip version) as the USB part got lots of new registers.

So for our current product deliveries with the old H7 release I will stay with the old Cube and HAL.

Maybe this information helps others.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Code 10 means that the Windows driver tried to talk to the VCP, but does not like what it sees. Timeouts, wrong replies to standard requests ...

-- pa

GS1
Senior III

I have a solution:

I recreated my project using Cube 5.0.1 and HAL 1.3.0. This configuration worked on my other H7 projects so I thought it's worth a try. Using the old HAL solved the issue !!!

I can't tell if my project will still work with this configuration on the H7 chip release Version V (we still have the first - buggy - chip version) as the USB part got lots of new registers.

So for our current product deliveries with the old H7 release I will stay with the old Cube and HAL.

Maybe this information helps others.