cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the names of containers or screens without breaking the compile?

RWebe.7
Associate II

When I change the name of a screen or container, I get compile errors. I believe this is because TouchGFX won't delete code under the "gui" directory to keep from wiping out user changes. I can deleted these manually and build under Visual Studio, but as soon as I generate code in TouchGFX, it recreates these files and the compilation fails again.

How can I delete or change these names in a way that doesn't break TouchGFX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@RWebe.7​,

The issue is already in our back log. It's something we'll look into asap. The task was pulled into the next sprint (sprints are short).

The issue is renaming screens/containers where you've already written code for the concrete/inherited class. Otherwise renaming works fine.

/Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Are you saying that the designer recreates the files with the "old name" when you delete and re-generate?

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@RWebe.7​,

The issue is already in our back log. It's something we'll look into asap. The task was pulled into the next sprint (sprints are short).

The issue is renaming screens/containers where you've already written code for the concrete/inherited class. Otherwise renaming works fine.

/Martin

Thank you Martin. I appreciate your quick response.

Is there a way I can manually get TouchGFX to not try and rebuild these files? You'll probably have a more elegant approach shortly, but once I've made the mistake to try and rename something I'm kind of stuck. For now, I've recreated the deleted files and added the missing definitions to get it to compile. I can live with that, but it'd be nice to be able to clean up the project.

I understand your frustration.

Funny you should ask about code generation, because the next version (which is just waiting to get released) no longer auto generates code. This is a manual step.

/Martin