cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with STM32CubeIDE questions

magene
Senior II

Question 1: I just installed STM32CubeIDE on my home computer and my work computer. When I start a new project for the STM32L4R9I-Disco discover kit on my home computer the CubeMX tool opens fine with no initial errors or warnings on pins. When I start a new project on my work computer, there are all kinds of errors on pins. I've attached a screen shot. I've tried answering the "set pins to default" question yes and no with the same results. Any idea why I get these errors at all, and also why do I get them on one computer and not the other?

Question 2: Any idea where I can find a native STM32CubeIDE project that when I load it will have the CubeMX tool properly configured for the app? It would be great to find a native STM32CubeIDE project for the uSD card if any one knows of one.

Thanks - Gene

2 REPLIES 2
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello @magene​,

A1: I do not see any errors on your screen. Red text just means that you cannot use these peripherals as GPIO pins assigned for them are already used for another purpose. Peripherals with yellow color indicate that not all features are available, but peripheral might still be used partially.

A2: Currently CubeIDE native projects are not yet available. However to test examples in CubeIDE, you may open SW4STM32 project from STM32CubeL4 repository and import it to CubeIDE. It has automatic importer to do so. Project is available in this (example path) path: STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\32L4R9IDISCOVERY\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone\SW4STM32\

Go to CubeIDE -> File -> Open project and navigate to path.

Tilen

magene
Senior II

Tilen - Thanks for the quick response. I was able to load, build and run the FatFs example you pointed me too so that's really good news. I am still confused about why the installation of the IDE on my home computer builds a new project with no warnings or red text in Mx but the IDE on my work computer, which I installed the same way as on my home computer, gives a whole bunch of yellow warnings and red text in Mx. Both installations use the same L4 firmware download.

Is there some setting somewhere that might be different in my 2 installations?

Can you recommend any good training material (videos, books, on-line courses, workshops, or even paid for training courses) for STM32CubeIDE? I found this https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnMKNibPkDnGtuIl5v0CvC81Am7SKpj02 which is comprehensive but not specific to STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks again.