cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data exchange OpenAMP_TTY_echo

IYetk
Associate III

Hello,

I am reimplementing the example application OpenAMP_TTY_echo in STM32MP157C-DK2.

I want to exchange numerical data between M4 and dual A7.

How can I do it ? which structure, channel or interface ?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @IYetk​ 

Thanks for sharing project details. Very interesting.

I confirm OpenAMP_TTY_echo is the good starting point to set A7/M4 communication channel as you which.

Formating 3 numerical values into string and send it with VIRT_UART_Transmit on periodical time might be straight forward.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @IYetk​ 

Usage of Virt_Uart interface as in OpenAMP_TTY_echo exemple does not prevent to exchange numerical data.

Could you please elaborate further your concern ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

0690X00000AA8tEQAT.pngI want to read 3 numerical values (temp,humidity,pressure) from bosch sensor BME280 on the M4 side and send them to A7 side periodically for example every 0.5 second. Then i will print them out to the screen via a QT application on A7 side. User (me) will watch these data on the screen and will be able to send on/off command (0/1) via QT application on A7 for a 5v vantilator which is controlled by M4. M4 will receive this command and turn it on/off.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @IYetk​ 

Thanks for sharing project details. Very interesting.

I confirm OpenAMP_TTY_echo is the good starting point to set A7/M4 communication channel as you which.

Formating 3 numerical values into string and send it with VIRT_UART_Transmit on periodical time might be straight forward.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
IYetk
Associate III

thank you, I see.

Halil