cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for lwip (or any other) project example runs STM32F767ZI and supports UDP client/server without (!!!) RT operation system

APasi
Associate II

Hello'

I'm looking for compact software package that supports UDP/DMA/ETH read/receive data according to the following rules:

1. Using only LL or HAL (more suitable) functions
  2. OS/RTOS nothing used

Thanks in advance for yours assistance,

AlexE

5 REPLIES 5
Piranha
Chief II

Plenty of examples with and without RTOS:

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32756G_EVAL\Applications\LwIP

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\LwIP

HAL and "compact" are two opposite terms.

P.S. Reliable, performant and compact lwIP examples fulfill only the 3rd point - they are invisible. 🙂

APasi
Associate II

Hello Piranha,

Thank you very much for your answer,

Now I back to the problem...

We changed our platform from F7 to STM32H743ZI and I made new UdpEchoClient application using source STM32H743ZI _EVAL\Applications\LwIP (in other word UdpEchoClient for Nucleo144) without RTOS!

Unfortunately , it doesn't work ...

Maybe you know about any working UdpEchoClient /Server without RTOS (location, download ?

PS: When I try to built trivial Ethernet sample using MX (STM32CubeIDE/MX) it says me that LwIP cannot be attached if RTOS is not enabled - ?

Thanks Alexp

Hello Piranha,

Thank you very much for your answer,

Now I back to the problem...

We changed our platform from F7 to STM32H743ZI and I made new UdpEchoClient application using source STM32H743ZI _EVAL\Applications\LwIP (in other word UdpEchoClient for Nucleo144) without RTOS!

Unfortunately , it doesn't work ...

Maybe you know about any working UdpEchoClient /Server without RTOS (location, download ?

PS: When I try to built trivial Ethernet sample using MX (STM32CubeIDE/MX) it says me that LwIP cannot be attached if RTOS is not enabled - ?

Thanks Alexp

Piranha
Chief II

Why are You posting the same content twice?

Did You read the last sentence of my previous message? There are no publicly available quality STM32 ETH and lwIP driver code! Closest to usable is code from Keil DFP packs and ARM Mbed platform.

But if You need actually working network, then take this as an example and write Your own driver:

https://github.com/lsgunth/lwip_contrib

APasi
Associate II

Hi Piranha,

1.Yes, I mistook and tried to delete one of two posts, but immediately get something similar ~"You Administrator closed this post and changing .*** ..."

Anyway Sorry(1);

2. Sorry(2) - I didn't understand firstly your sentence "P.S. Reliable, performant and compact lwIP examples fulfill only the 3rd point - they are invisible. " - I new user of ST and it my first project here (after TI)

=)

Thanks