cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom design with different MCU and different Display

ihsanoglu
Senior

Following prototyping with discovery board (STM32F746NG-DISCO), I am going to start my own design.

Except, I need to change:

1- The display, I will replace the 4.3" inch display with another with size of 10.1".

2- I have to change the package of the MCU to the LQFP208 package.

For the 1st part. I don't think it will be a much of an issue. As long as the new display is driven by the same interface RGB24. The rest is a matter of changing the parameters like width height sync. rate etc... However, if I am missing something please let me know.

For the second part. I am very worried about changing the MCU package. I know it has the same peripherals and so. But during the design of the new board. I need to know exactly what are the peripherals and middlewares that I need to activate from CubeMx to be sure about the pins in use during tracing.

Can you please tell me what are all the peripherals and middlewares I need to check so I don't miss something?

And in general, what else I need to pay attention into while creating a new design to work with TouchGFX.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Abdullah İhsanoğlu​,

I think your assumptions are correct. You just need to modify the configuration to match the new display (porch areas, size of framebuffer, etc). The STM32F7HAL.cpp you're probably using will function in the same way.

Best regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Abdullah İhsanoğlu​,

I think your assumptions are correct. You just need to modify the configuration to match the new display (porch areas, size of framebuffer, etc). The STM32F7HAL.cpp you're probably using will function in the same way.

Best regards,

Martin