cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in initializing ST-LINK error

NL.0
Associate II

Hello,

I am working with STM32F413H discovery board, it was working fine with inbuilt debugger but this reference board raising error like "Error in initializing ST-LINK error" while flashing.

After this I got better answer from ST employee that :

"If code on your device breaks the debug interface pins or powers down it won't be connectable.

Try "Connect Under Reset" options

Try pulling BOOT0 High so your code in FLASH doesn't run."

Here, can I make BOOT0 pin high while flashing right ? and after flashing can BOOT0 pin make it low? and can one elaborate "Connect Under Reset" options

IDE : STM32cube IDE

development board :STM32F413H

Best Regards,

Nitish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Original thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BB1GRaSQN/error-in-final-launch-sequence-error-in-initializing-stlink-error

There are perhaps other failure mechanisms, but the BOOT0 High test at least establishes whether the user code in the part is the cause of the problem.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not an ST employee.

Use a jumper or link so that the pin is kept high. Erase the part or update the firmware, and perhaps consider what you are doing that is breaking the debug interface.​

Once you have applied your new software, remove the jumper so it can be run.

Under tools like the ST-LINK Utilities or Keil there is typically a connectivity mode, option or setting. Select the think that is equivalent to "Connect Under Reset", which means the tool holds the NRST pin low while trying to gain control of the part, whilst not permitting your broken code to execute.

If these things still confuse, perhaps a good reading of the technical docs are in order.​

Original thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BB1GRaSQN/error-in-final-launch-sequence-error-in-initializing-stlink-error

There are perhaps other failure mechanisms, but the BOOT0 High test at least establishes whether the user code in the part is the cause of the problem.

NL.0
Associate II

Thanks a lot Clive, Now our development board is ready to flash by making boot0 pin high and made it low again

Regards,

Nitish