cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am doing my first attempt with STM32CubeIDE (Ver 1.0.2) and after selecting the MCU model and naming the project, I get a message "Create minimal project failure: Cannot read template source". Please direct me.

JLivn
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hi Mattias,
Thanks for your reply. I’ve been I’m using the AC6 toolchain and Eclipse. There seems tob e a known issue which relates to his kind of issues: see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=67719
In accordance to this bug report I added the lines (Note the line “-Djava… “ didn’t dot he trick)
-Djava.io.tmpdir=c:\STM32Dev\tmpdir
-configuration c:\STM32Dev\tmpdir
In my eclipse.ini file
Now it seems fine: I also see the .tmp file in the directory specified by the -configuration (whereas it was previously written to de default directory)
Maybe this can help other people,
Thanks again for putting me on this track,
Kris Demets

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Did you change any default settings in the project wizard?

Which MCU did you select?

JLivn
Associate II

Well, It does work for me now after installing the STM32CubeMX and initiating the project from there, it has automatically launched the IDE app with all the necessary C & H files. was it supposed to be like that?

mattias norlander
ST Employee

Well, no.

It was supposed to work also to create a new project from inside the IDE without installing any stand-alone CubeMX.

Did you follow the Quickstart Guide? I doubt that you did anything wrong. Can you re-produce it?

JLivn
Associate II

What I can do is providing you the 'log': This computer never had any ST IDE on it before. Eclips CPP 4.11.0 is installed.

I had the previous STM32CubeIDE ver 1.0.0_2872_20190423-2022_x86_64.exe installed on June and used it to view an old job done by one of our sub contractors - which works well.

Lately I tried to start a new project afresh and that's when I bumped to this problem. I thought that something might have been missing in the installation process, so I re-download the 1.0.1 from ST site. the old project still could open, but the same problem happens for new project regardless what MCU model I select.

I have also registered for the STM32MP1 workshop, and this model is not yet supported on the IDE, so I need the MX anyway.

JLivn
Associate II

mattias norlander
ST Employee

OK - good to hear that you are at least not blocked from progressing with development.

Does this happen for any MCU? Which MCU are you using?

Did you select "STM32Cube" or "Empty" as "Targeted project type"?

The workspace should contain a .log-file in the .metadata folder. Any exceptions in this file?

KLausL
Associate II

I am facing the same issue. Some weeks ago, I successfully created several projects for the F072 and F405/7 series. Now, project creation neither works for the F0 nor for the F4. I am not aware of any relevant changes in my system configuration. I even tried to create a new project in a completely new and empty workspace, but the error remains the same.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start STM32CubeIDE 1.02
  • Create new workspace
  • Create new STM;32 project in workspace
  • Select STM32F072RB (the same for STM32F407VE)
  • Enter "Test" as Project Name
  • Firmware Package Version is 1.10.1
  • "Copy only the necessary library files
  • Click "Finish"

Error message ist "Creating minimal project error. Create minimal project failure: cannot read template source. Reason: Internal error. Details: Internal Error: File not found: '/C:/Users/Klaus%20Liebler/AppData/Local/Temp/stm32cubeide5842243337179599794.tmp'"

Remark: In fact, the file exists...

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards,

Klaus

KLausL
Associate II

The error still occurs in 1.1.0

JLivn
Associate II

Klaus

See above: I simply bypass this problem by starting every project on SMT32CubeMX. After selecting the MCU or kit and setting the I/O and timers, The MX launches the IDE automatically, then I continue the programming on the IDE. As Mattias mentioned, its not supposed to be like that, but at least I'm not stuck till the next version comes.

J.Livne