cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is cubeprogrammer using a GUI installer on linux!?

victor.b
Associate II

I am on windows 10 and would like to use sub-system for linux (WSL) to cross-compile OpenST. So far i made it trough all the steps...until i saw that the cubeprogrammer is using a GUI installer...witch doesnt work on WSL....

Are there plans to make that cubeprogrammer available in "non gui" installer?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

STM32CubeProgrammer "non gui" installer is plan for first half of 2020.

In the mean time you can use version installed on the native Windows to flash files generated with WSL.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

STM32CubeProgrammer "non gui" installer is plan for first half of 2020.

In the mean time you can use version installed on the native Windows to flash files generated with WSL.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ozone
Lead

In the meantime, you could use a Linux distribution of your choice in a VM, like VMPlayer.

Hi,

We are now past the mid of 2020 and i don't see any way to install STM32CubeProgrammer from the command line entirely in linux.

Is there any news about the release date?

Victor

Hi Ozone, it is not an option because we use TouchGFX from ST and it is only compatible with windows...