cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with packages in STM32Cube

IBely.3
Associate II

Hello, I can't download none of packages in STM32CubeMX. There is error with message ".... not available...".  

Trying to install manually causes error message "...Problem During Unzip File....". 

Trying to set the path to Firmware location manually in project manager causes error message "...The selected firmware should contain at least Drivers\STM32L1xx_HAL_Driver and Driver\CMSIS Folders". The folder with firmware was downloaded from official site. 

What s wrong with my STM32CubeMX?

8 REPLIES 8

Make sure you have enough free space on the disk being used for the repository. Some of the 1GB downloads will need 3GB of free space.

By default I think ST sets it in a user directory, but I've tended to park it elsewhere.

Use the "Test" functionality within WinRar or equivalent tools, to validate the .ZIP file integrity.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
IBely.3
Associate II

Sorry, but what you mean when you say "Test" functionality?

Sorry, but what you mean when you say "Test" functionality?

WinRar provides a means to test the integrity of the archive without actually unpacking it on your hard drive.

0690X00000ArMv0QAF.jpg

You can also download the CubeL1 package more directly, and "Install from Local"

Make sure you have sufficient disk space, and you don't have AV or firewall software interfering with your ability to download and unpack archives.

IBely.3
Associate II

Solution was very simple... Help->Updater Settings->->Updater Settings->Repository Folder, my path contains cyrillic letters, after changing the path, everything worked OK.

That stuff is probably not well tested. Things in Windows using cyrillic or pictographs, spaces, etc can cause problems. Desktop and Program File "directories" can also be a problem.

ST also wants to put the repository, including packed and unpacked files, into a "Per User" directory, this seems a bit crazy when a lot of the archives are 1GB and total unpack/packed footprint pushes 3-4GB. Places with sharper knives in the draw would leave the stuff in the ZIP file, and create a ZIP-FS to pull out the specific files of interests when duping more of this stuff into additional user project directories at every invocation.

Sergei Kolesnik
Associate

Same problem:

Error was "Problem during unzip file"

One of the simple solution: Run CubeMX with administrator rights!!!11

#STM32CubeF1 problem during unzip file

Aeae.1
Associate

These are a chunk like Butter Knives, I use gadgets which can be loads sharper, which I fashioned myself. The use of easier/prolific equipment has a tendency to be improved appreciably with publish-processing here to reformat to a favored fashion with glide and interplay paths diagnosed.