cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103RE USB HOST FOR KEY DISK

Nimit Vachhani
Associate III

Greetings Everybody,

I am confused whether i cam make STM32F103RE to work as usb host for mass storage ? In CUBE MX it says mass storage class but does it mean i can connect my USB disk to it and transfer data to it ?

I know STM32F207ZG has the support of USB OTG and it is working fine as i am logging data to the connected usb disk... Can i have this feature in STM32F103RE ?

Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Neil
Evangelist

"Can i have this feature in STM32F103RE ?"

Like @Community member​ , I think not - but what does the datasheet tell you? That will be the definitive answer!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I'm thinking not, but check if there are host examples in the CubeF1 trees for the EVAL boards.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist

"Can i have this feature in STM32F103RE ?"

Like @Community member​ , I think not - but what does the datasheet tell you? That will be the definitive answer!

Nimit Vachhani
Associate III

Well it does not have otg host support... Nothing regarding this is mentioned in data sheet. Thanks for the info...

The datasheet tells you that it has USB Device:

0690X00000A9UskQAF.png

So that's not Host (nor OTG).

Perhaps should be looking at the STM32F105/107 devices, or one of the newer L4 devices that isn't 12-13 years old.

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\CDC_Standalone

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\MSC_Standalone

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.8.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\MSC_RTOS

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Indeed - back then, USB Host in a microcontroller was rare ...

Will it be compatible with STM32F103 devices ?

Nimit Vachhani
Associate III

Checked... It will not work as usb host device. I will work as usb device when connected with the compatible operating system. It uses bulk transfer method...

Will what be compatible?

And in what way, "compatible" ?

We've established that the STM32F103RE  has no USB Host capability - so there is nothing there to be compatible with!