cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: ST CubeProgrammer 2.1.0 can't erase a locked processor.

On Mac as well as Windows, if the processor is locked (level 1), CubeProgrammer times out immediately rather than waiting for the processor to erase.

I've seen this with F4s and F7s.

A

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Andrei Chichak​ 

Thanks for the feedback,

I test it now then i had no problem: CubeProgrammer only displays an error message :0690X00000A9ioEQAR.png

Could you tell me how did you proceed ( tell me the scenario please) to check the issue.

Because, in case where RDP is set at BB value, then select Full chip erase ==> we must get an error message, CubeProgrammer will never disconnect.

Best regards,

Nesrine

Yes, that's the message that I get. I tried to do a Full Chip Erase and I got that message.

Then I verified the flash protection according to the message, and it was set to 55, which is about right.

I expected that a full chip erase would reset the option bytes and do a - well - a full chip erase. Apparently not.

In response to your reply, I dug around in the OB panel and after a little experimentation set the RDP value to AA and clicked Apply, which rewrote the option bytes and erased the chip as a side effect.

As you point out in your post, you must give an error message. Perhaps it would be better to have an error message that leads to a solution rather than just being technically correct. Maybe something mentioning clearing flash protection in the OB tab?

Thanks for your help.

Andrei

​Hello @Andrei Chichak​ 

At first, when RDP=BB==>here we can do nothing: neither read nor write ==> Full mass erase could not be executed.

Secondly, the Full mass erase  will not erase the state of RDP.

What you just mentioned :"I dug around in the OB panel and after a little experimentation set the RDP value to AA and clicked Apply, which rewrote the option bytes and erased the chip as a side effect." is a normal behavior.

Regards,

Nesrine