cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage work of ST BVLinkV1 or ST BVLinkV2 software with ST BLE Sensor demo application on IOS platform (iPAD/iPhone) and partialy on Android platform?

AHmel
Associate

Hi, Forum! Please help me to manage work of BVLinkVx software with ST BLE SENSOR Application!

Currently, i have purchased these HW set:

• STM32 Nucleo 64 L476RG (dev-board)
  • ST X-Nucleo-IDB05A1 (ble v4.2 dev-board)
  • ST X-Nucleo-CCA02M1 (mems microphones dev-board)

So, from official ST site i have downloaded demo projects: BVLinkV1 (v1.0.0) and BVLinkV2 (v1.0.1). Compiled and ran this projects in the SW4STM32 AC6 IDE. Unfortunately, i have only this IDE to use. I have choosen the sub-projects BV_PER for L476RG Nucleo dev-board. There is no mistake, as i see.

I had tested this set of HW and SW both on Android and iPad/iPhone platforms. Besides using of official ST BLE Sensor application from AppStore/GooglePlayMarket i had used the compiled from sources applications. Which i have downloaded from ST GitHub Repository. No difference, unfortunately...

The results that i got:

• BVLinkV1 (ADPCM audio codec) :
    • The ST BLE SENSOR app does not automatically start audio streaming on both platforms. From the instructions becomes clear that USER must push the blue button on the dev-board to start stream process... But when that happens - the board sends maybe one or several audio frames to app and then freezes (maybe HardFault occurs or smth else).. I can not understand what to do with this problem, so i have switched to next version - BVLinkV2...

• BVLinkV2 (OPUS audio codec) :
    • On Android platform some functions of the ST BLE Sensor app works fine: audio stream starts automatically and plays in the app; recording of this stream to .wav file also works; speech recognition works partially (GoogleSpeechApiV2 - NO, IBMWatson - YES); cloud logging does not work (the app successfully connects to IBM Watson IOT Cloud, but audio stream does not start, if i push the blue button - BVLinkV2 soft crashes)...
    • On iOS platform nothing works.. First of all, there is only two menus - cloud logging and bluetooth_rsi/battery infos.. Cloud logging does not work, as on Android platform.. I think that iOS version of ST BLE SENSOR APP does not support the BVLinkV2 soft... Maybe there is some recipe on how to manage work of BVLinkV1 software..

That's all!

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Best wishes!!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

0 REPLIES 0