Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(4) No device found on target

Aa.41
Associate II

1) STM32l432kc nucleo board

2) Today I decided to test my sleep mode code

I uploaded my code, I received my print messages on USART, I decided to tweak a few things... and here is the issue.

When I attempt to upload again, I receive the following error:

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: No device found on target.

I am using the STM32CubeIDE and I believe the source of my problem might be assigning an incorrect bit within one of the registers, it locked up and isn't allowing me to upload anymore.

Is there a quick way to reset the board in case this type of problems arise (the push button doesn't seem to do anything)?

From some research I've done, I realised that SB9 can act as a ST-Link Reset, but I'm a bit afraid to mess around with the nucleo as it's the only one I have atm.

Thank you in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set BOOT0 High so it doesn't run your broken code.

Select "Connect Under Reset" options.

Check for options disabling the debug interface, reconfiguring the pins used for debug, or turning off power

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Set BOOT0 High so it doesn't run your broken code.

Select "Connect Under Reset" options.

Check for options disabling the debug interface, reconfiguring the pins used for debug, or turning off power

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

If you activated any protection level 1 or 2, mass erase will be needed.

If your application SW is flimsy, add a 2-3 seconds delay when it starts so you have time to enter in debug mode before something goes AWOL

ADP1114
Associate II

This happened to me before, I just reinstalled ST-Link and haven't had the problem again so far.

I de-soldered the SB connecting Boot0 to ground. Set it high, allowed me to erase the board under the "connect under reset" option.

I re-soldered the SB and everything worked fine after that.

Thank you all very much for your input. Was really afraid of hitting any protection levels. It seems I forgot the debug flag when in LP 🙂