cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug Nucleo-H743ZI with IAR EWARM

jrgert
Associate III

Is there a HowTo method to program a Nucleo board? I think I inadvertently erased my board and IAR no longer see the ST-Link.

I have tried the following:

1. With IAR v8.11 and a Nucleo-H743ZI2, I opened a STM32H7 Cube GPIO example project and built it with no errors. The Download failed with Write errors in the 0x20000000 and 0x40000000 regions.
  2. I installed the latest ST-Link drivers and updated the ST-Link firmware. No improvement.
  3. I used STCubeProgrammer and it was able to read something. (I did not note which CPU, but it was flash 0x80000000 region)
  4. In IAR, I converted the output to a .hex file and wrote that to the Nucleo via STCubeProgrammer. Programmer said it worked OK.
  5. Program does not function as expected. i.e. Button->LED ON->Button->LED OFF
  6. IAR can no longer see debug probe.
  7. Verified STCubeProgrammer connects to both ST-Link and the H7 processor.

Can I recover my Nucleo?

Can I use IAR and the Nucleo's ST-Link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jrgert
Associate III

I got it to work.

Informational post only: I had to select ST-LINK/V3 in the Emulator combo box under Project Options, Debugger, ST-Link, Setup tab. Fairly obvious, but it escaped me for some reason. ha

As an aside, in the process of trying things, I upgraded IAR to v8.40. I never thought to check if ST-LINK/V3 was newly added. I do not know whether v8.11 supports the ST-Link/V3. Just saying.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jrgert
Associate III

I got it to work.

Informational post only: I had to select ST-LINK/V3 in the Emulator combo box under Project Options, Debugger, ST-Link, Setup tab. Fairly obvious, but it escaped me for some reason. ha

As an aside, in the process of trying things, I upgraded IAR to v8.40. I never thought to check if ST-LINK/V3 was newly added. I do not know whether v8.11 supports the ST-Link/V3. Just saying.

Thanks for your answer ! 😊