cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the "Cortex Div" and "Cortex2 Div" dividers in STM32CubeMX correspond to in the STM32H745?

mickminn
Associate III

Hi,

As the title says really. What do the dividers I have highlighted in the screengrab correspond to in the processor? The options in those boxes are "/1" and "/8" and the names "Cortex Div" and "Cortex2 Div" appear when you hover the mouse over them.

0690X00000989dtQAA.png

The closest I could find was that the Systick divider in the core processor programming manual describes how to calculate the reload value and has either a divide by 1 or 8 depending on whether the source clock is HCLK or external, respectfully. If that is the case then the values I use should always be "/1", correct? Because they are only ever sourced from the same clock as the CPU.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thought the speed selection was in the SYSTICK control registers (internal/external), here presumably for the CPU1(M7) and CPU2(M4)

Poorly documented, but would take a few minutes to test/quantify.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Thought the speed selection was in the SYSTICK control registers (internal/external), here presumably for the CPU1(M7) and CPU2(M4)

Poorly documented, but would take a few minutes to test/quantify.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mickminn
Associate III

Deleted, was meant to be reply.

Hi Clive,

You're right. I was looking in the Systick section of the programmering manual for both the CM7 and CM4 and managed to miss it, but I have now found the bit in the Systick control register as you said.

Thank you.