cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in final launch sequence: Error in initializing ST-LINK error

NL.0
Associate II

Hello,

I am working with STM32F413H discovery board so far, it was working fine with inbuilt debugger but this reference board raising error like "Error in initializing ST-LINK error" while flashing.

So is it necessary to reset using cube programmer if so how ? and can we get firmware back what initial is running?

IDE : STM32cube IDE

development board :STM32F413H

5 REPLIES 5

If you didn't save the original firmware first there isn't a magic button to get it back.

You could look in the Applications/Demo directories for the ST32F413-DISCO under the CubeF4 HAL trees for a buildable projects or .HEX files.

Integration of CubeIDE and OpenOCD currently seems very poor and unstable, consider better tools?

#MadeForSTM32

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NL.0
Associate II

hi clive ,

I am not clear about your answer, My question is like I am not able to flash the demo code into the board as it is showing like "ST- LINK connection error"

I am not understanding why this issue has been arrived suddenly, I can see com port in device manager please suggest me how to over come from this.

Regards, Nitish

Well if code on your device breaks the debug interface pins or powers down it won't be connectable.

Try "Connect Under Reset" options

Try pulling BOOT0 High so your code in FLASH doesn't run.

NL.0
Associate II

Thanks Clive ,

I have installed the STM 32 CUBE Programmer,In that GUI As you told "Connect Under Reset" option , I tried to do chip erase under reset but getting error like "No connection established before performing the erase" . what is procedure of "Connect Under Rest" can you please elaborate .

and one more thing after pulling BOOT0 High , can I need to make that pin Low while flashing ?

Continues here https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BD4hWxSQJ/error-in-initializing-stlink-error